New Business Inquiries
More KEY FACTS…
What is the Cost?
- Giving you a “price” without knowing about your company is challenging. In most cases, we’re paid commission on net sales, (i.e., orders shipped) – industry standard.
- We are a full-service solution, yet services are customizable to meet your specific needs. You may need retail or project-based work only. For instance, some clients utilize full retail services at Kroger and Sprouts but no headquarter sales representation. Your interest may be private label product consulting, competitive price audits, etc. Please call us to discuss project and rates.
Another broker, offered to charge less commission than you do.
- If another broker charges less, expect to receive less service, thus results. As the old English proverb goes, “you get what you pay for”. If priority is cost only, then we’re probably not the broker for you. Here’s how we look at…2% of nothing is still nothing. It’s simple.
If I have a pioneer product… I am a food entrepreneur – producing the next big CPG brand… Do the same rates apply?
- If you need significant help – from packaging and product mix, to brand analysis and marketing strategy, etc. – we offer very reasonable retainer rates for pioneer brand development.
What level experience is required of your business managers?
- Our business managers are seasoned and highly respected market and customer experts. Most were national and/or regional sales executives with leading CPGs or buyers at retail prior to joining STAR.We have too many “STARS” to list – here’s a glimpse of the caliber of talent.
- Joe Pastrano, our HEB captain worked for Colgate Palmolive as Sales Manager for 31 years. He also worked in sales at H-E-B, leading efforts to sell H-E-B water and tea to Valero and Circle Kprivate label.
- Norman Mazvinsky, Sr. Business Manager with STAR since 1991. Former Region Manager for the Perrier Group overseeing a network of brokers, bottlers, and liquor wholesalers covering all retail channels – launched Perrier at Sam’s Club. Norman also has vast experience in taking CPG companies public. He also leads our international export efforts to Mexico.
- Liz Holzheauser brings new perspective and accreditation to STAR – an alumni of UT Austin and MBA from Rice University – Jones School of Business, Executive Program. (In 2014, Rice MBA ranked #8 in the country).
Can you provide verifiable referrals?
- Absolutely! We are happy to provide you with client or customer contacts. Read our Testimonials.
What are your contract terms?
- Industry standard broker contract with 30-day term arrangement
- Many clients with us for more than 17 years – quite unusual in this business. We offer contracts with variable incentives for annual & multi-year arrangements Why? We aspire for quality over quantity. For clients, this is key to maximizing value and fulfillment for our employees.
How do you know if a broker is the right solution for me?
- If we don’t think we can help – we’ll tell you the truth, and we’ll refer you to the right resources.
What type of companies do you work with?
- Most companies we work with have existing distribution and known brands. They need our help due to global/national scale and interest in driving deep into regional markets. Business is people based – regionally and then locally driven.